Updated Summer 2022
Your Room Contains
- 1 Ceiling Projector(s)
- 2 Podium and 1 Wall Monitors
- Classroom Supplied Computer
- 1 Ceiling Mounted Document Camera(s)
- 1 Lapel Microphone(s)
- For Training Help with this Room
Getting Started With...
Some rooms on campus have supplied computers in the classroom. These are usually Windows computers that can be used for PowerPoint, clickers, and other apps. These computers are provided by the department. They may or may not be in Active Directory.
Using the Camera and Supplied Computer
Use the Classroom Supplied Computer to run a Zoom meeting using the in room microphone and camera.
- Log onto the computer using your NetID and Password (or the computer may already be logged in for you with a local account).
- Launch Zoom
- Choose Sign in
- Select the Sign in with SSO option on the right.
- Type in Tennessee before the .zoom.us
- Select Continue
- Log in to Zoom with your NetID and Password
- Approve the Two-Factor Authentication
- Choose Launch Zoom
- Choose Yes if asked Did you mean to switch apps?
- Launch your meeting
- Choose Join with Computer Audio (you may want to select the checkbox to Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting as well)
- Turn on the lavalier (lapel-style) mic.
- If needed, in Zoom select the menu next to the Sound to choose the correct sound for the room.
- Choose Same as System for both the microphone and the speaker.
- Make sure you LOG OUT of Zoom when you leave - especially if you are on a department computer that does not use an Active Directory login. Otherwise, you will remain logged into Zoom (or any other app you use) and anyone using the computer can use your login.
For information on connecting your document camera to your classroom PC, see this article.
The document camera located in your classroom allows you to easily display documents, objects, and simple demonstrations to an entire classroom and/or lecture hall.
- Zoom wheel, which allows for closer details of the images or objects being projected
- Continuous auto-focus that adjusts as you zoom in and out to keep your image in clear focus
- LCD preview
- A brightly lit working surface
- Loop-pull up for easy setup
- Freeze frame, which freezes the image displayed through the projector system
How to Use the Document Camera:
- Lift up the document camera with the loop-pull and the camera will automatically turn on.
- Place your document or demonstration on the working surface
- Ensure auto-focus is enabled to have a continuous clear presentation
The camera in your classroom can be controlled by the Control Panel in your room. You should see a Camera control button on the panel. This is usually under the Cynap menu. On this button, you can pan, tilt, and zoom in with your camera. In some classrooms, cameras may have preset controls that will move them to a set spot and zoom. Try out the controls available to you in your room.
Tip: if you are zoomed in, the pan and tilt will be more pronounced. Zoom out to have more control over the movement of the camera.
These cameras are set up to use with Zoom or Panopto, which you can access through the WebRTC app on your Cynap.
This room has a departmental Windows PC with a touchscreen monitor. Use the monitor to control the camera and room sound. Training sessions for HBB classrooms available on request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-974-4600.