Some classrooms have a supplied computer for instructional use. You can select the PC from the control panel. Use the attached keyboard and mouse that may be in a drawer of the podium to log on using your NetID and password.
Some rooms on campus have supplied computers in the classroom. These are usually Windows computers that can be used for PowerPoint, clickers, and other apps. These computers are provided by the department. They may or may not be in Active Directory.
Using the Camera and Supplied Computer
Use the Classroom Supplied Computer to run a Zoom meeting using the in room microphone and camera.
- Log onto the computer using your NetID and Password (or the computer may already be logged in for you with a local account).
- Launch Zoom
- Choose Sign in
- Select the Sign in with SSO option on the right.
- Type in Tennessee before the .zoom.us
- Select Continue
- Log in to Zoom with your NetID and Password
- Approve the Two-Factor Authentication
- Choose Launch Zoom
- Choose Yes if asked Did you mean to switch apps?
- Launch your meeting
- Choose Join with Computer Audio (you may want to select the checkbox to Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting as well)
- Turn on the lavalier (lapel-style) mic.
- If needed, in Zoom select the menu next to the Sound to choose the correct sound for the room.
- Choose Same as System for both the microphone and the speaker.
- Make sure you LOG OUT of Zoom when you leave – especially if you are on a department computer that does not use an Active Directory login. Otherwise, you will remain logged into Zoom (or any other app you use) and anyone using the computer can use your login.
For information on connecting your document camera to your classroom PC, see this article.