If you wish to connect with your online students but are in a classroom that does not have Cynap, you can still do it!
- Connect your laptop using the cable (HDMI, VGA).
- On your Control Panel, under your projector(s), choose the cable you plugged into. This will show your laptop on the screen for your students.
- Ensure your laptop is in extended mode. (Note: often, PowerPoint will automatically extend your desktop so that you get Presenter view on your laptop and the presentation on the projector.)
- Launch the Zoom app on your laptop.
- From the Zoom app, choose Share Screen.
- If you will be playing a video, make sure you check the box for Share Computer Sound.
- Choose the projector screen to share. This will normally be Screen 2. If you do not see Screen 2, ensure your laptop is set to extend the screen, rather than mirror or duplicate. It is best to share the entire screen, rather than just a PowerPoint because this will let you share web pages and other information without having to re-share your screen.
- Select Share.
- If you want to hear your remote students over your classroom audio system, check out this Knowledge Base article.
Note: if you normally use a document camera, check out this Knowledge Base article for how to use your smartphone as a document camera.