These instructions will help you to record your lecture using Panopto and Cynap in your classroom.
Step 1: Display Cynap to the Projector
Learn how to display Cynap on the projector. (This link will open in a new tab)
Step 2: Share Your Device
Share the device(s) you want to record. (This link will open in a new tab)
Note: you can share your laptop either wired or wirelessly on Cynap.
Step 3: Tap the Cynap screen and select [+] button
Step 4: Choose WebRTC
Step 5: Choose the Panopto icon
Step 6: Login to Panopto Canvas
Use your NetID and Password
Step 7: Choose the green Create button
Note: Don’t see the green create button when you log onto Panopto on the Cynap? Enable creator access to Panopto in Canvas.
Step 8: Choose Panopto Capture: Record in Browser
Step 9: Choose Sources by tapping the Screens and Apps button at the top of the Panopto page.
Note, to change to a different source, such as document camera or laptop, tap the WebRTC menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the screen share icon.
- Change to a different source.
Step 10: To record, tap the red Record button.
Step 11: To end the recording, tap the red Stop button.
Step 12: Saving Your Recording
Recordings and Settings are automatically saved, however, you have the option to:
- Enter the name you wish to call your recording on the pop-up window.
- Choose the folder where you wish to save the recording.
- WAIT to close out the window until you see the green bar message in the upper left corner that says it is safe to close your browser window.