Renovated Summer 2014
Your Room Contains
- 1 Ceiling Projector(s)
- Control Panel: AMX Style 8
- Classroom Supplied Computer
- 1 Lapel Microphone(s)
- SMART Monitor
Printable Quickstart InstructionsUsing Zoom with the Classroom-Supplied Computer (PDF)
Getting Started With...
Display on Projector Screens
- Tap Projection System On
- Under the Input Select menu, choose the item you wish to appear on the projector screens.
- Tap Return to Main Page.
- Choose System Off.
For more information and basic troubleshooting, go to the Technology Training area.
Some rooms on campus have supplied computers. These are usually Windows computers that can be used for PowerPoint, clickers, and other apps.
Using the Camera and Supplied Computer
If your classroom has a supplied computer, and does NOT have a Cynap in the room but DOES have a Camera, you should be able to use the camera in the room with the classroom computer.
- Log onto the computer using your NetID and Password
- Launch Zoom
- Choose Sign in
- Select the Sign in with SSO option on the right.
- Type in Tennessee before the .zoom.us
- Select Continue
- Log in to Zoom with your NetID and Password
- Approve the Two-Factor Authentication
- Choose Launch Zoom
- Choose Yes if asked Did you mean to switch apps?
- Launch your meeting
- Choose Join with Computer Audio (you may want to select the checkbox to Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting as well)
- Turn on the lavalier (lapel-style) mic.
- In Zoom select the menu next to the Sound to choose the correct sound for the room.
- Choose Same as System for both the microphone and the speaker.
For information on connecting your document camera to your classroom PC, see this article.
The camera in your classroom can be controlled by the Control Panel in your room. You should see a Camera control button on the panel. On this button, you can pan, tilt, and zoom in with your camera. Cameras may have preset controls that will move them to a set spot and zoom. Try out the controls available to you in your room.
Tip: if you are zoomed in, the pan and tilt will be more pronounced. Zoom out to have more control over the movement of the camera.
Depending on the type of camera in your classroom, you may not see all the controls you have here. If your classroom has a webcam, that will not have camera controls associated with it and may be directly connected to an attached computer in the room.
The Blu-ray player is located inside the instructor podium and the basic controls area available on the control panel.
The Blu-ray player can play Blu-rays, standard DVDs and Music CDs coded for Region 1 - Canada, the United States and U.S. territories.
- Begin by using the control panel to turn the projection system on. If your classroom has multiple projectors, there will be more than one projection option at the top of the control panel.
- To enable the Blu-ray player, select which projector you wish to display the Blu-ray/DVD through and select DVD Player option.
- Load your Blu-ray/DVD into the player.
- Use the control panel to access the menu controls and select what you'd like to play.
See this example for how the DVD controls will look on your control panel. Notice you can play, stop, pause, rewind, fast-forward and step ahead. You also have a subtitles on/off option. Use the circular menu for moving through the on-screen menu on your DVD.