Updated Summer 2017
Your Room Contains
- 1 Ceiling Projector(s)
- 1 Podium Monitor(s)
- Control Panel: AMX Style 42
- 1 Lapel Microphone(s)
- 1 Conference Microphone(s)
- Special Note
PDF InstructionsProject Your Presentation to In-class and Remote Students with Cynap (PDF)
Getting Started With...
Display Image on Projector
- Tap the Control Panel and choose Full System On.
- Choose the device you want to display from the left-hand menu.
- Tap Return to Main Page.
- Choose System Off.
These instructions will help you to connect a device to the Cynap.
Go to our Cynap page in the Technology Training section for more advanced features of using Cynap.
Connecting Your Laptop Wirelessly:
- Connect your laptop.
- On Windows:
- Use the Windows Key + P Key to bring up the Project menu.
- Choose Connect to a wireless display.
- Choose the Cynap for your room.
- On MacBook:
- Select the Airplay icon in your menu bar to see available devices.
- Select the Cynap for your room.
- On Windows:
- Enter the 4-digit code that appears at the top of the Cynap screen on your laptop. Your laptop will appear on the Cynap screen.
Connecting a Wired Device:
Use these steps to display a device that is hooked up using an HDMI cable; this includes the document camera or a laptop.
|1. On the Control Panel under the Cynap Input menu, select the device you want to display from the Cynap onto the projector. You can select from your document camera, laptop connected with HDMI or VGA, or Blu-ray player. |
Note: Your control panel may look different than the image on the right.
|2. On the Cynap screen, tap the screen and select the [ + ] button.|
|3. Then, select Cynap Input to add the device previously selected on the Control panel.|
|4. Your selected device will appear on the Cynap screen. If you are not in mirror mode, where the instructor screen is mirrored on the main screen. You can send the image over to the main projector screen by tapping the bottom menu of the window on the Cynap and choosing the Send to Projector button.|
The Blu-ray player is located inside the instructor podium and the basic controls area available on the control panel.
The Blu-ray player can play Blu-rays, standard DVDs and Music CDs coded for Region 1 - Canada, the United States and U.S. territories.
- Begin by using the control panel to turn the projection system on. If your classroom has multiple projectors, there will be more than one projection option at the top of the control panel.
- To enable the Blu-ray player, select which projector you wish to display the Blu-ray/DVD through and select DVD Player option.
- Load your Blu-ray/DVD into the player.
- Use the control panel to access the menu controls and select what you'd like to play.
See this example for how the DVD controls will look on your control panel. Notice you can play, stop, pause, rewind, fast-forward and step ahead. You also have a subtitles on/off option. Use the circular menu for moving through the on-screen menu on your DVD.
This room also contains a CD player